Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mommy, What are these?!

Mall walking. It has been a favorite hobby of Sadie's since she was old enough to meander about the indoor toddler haven. On especially hot days, we would venture indoors to enjoy throwing pennies into the fountain or take a couple or 12 rides up and down the escalators at Macy's. Sadie loves it. On this particular mall trip, Sadie was intrigued by the giant pink polka-dot doggies that sit outside the entrance of Victoria's Secret. Now, you must understand, I am not a big fan of this store. Just from a consumer standpoint, I don't think they fit very well. I think they are incredibly expensive for bras that are average. I think women pay for the name in the bra, which doesn't even make sense, considering no one should be seeing the thing! I think they market to young women. I am less than thrilled with their TV ads, which can be seen by young boys and girls alike during family TV time. The icing on the cake, however, is the GIANT rear barely covered by a lace thong that sits in the fountain area - also known as the location of Santa at Christmas time! That's right! Victoria's Secret saw no problem with that giant behind as the backdrop to all that toddler merriment. Nothing says Christmas like, "ho ho ho" right? ;o)


Anyway, On this particular day, though, I didn't mind that Sadie wanted to go inside. She was curious about the dogs. What tiny toddler wouldn't be? However, when she ventured inside, she noticed the bras...and was hooked. She cracked me up. She looked at me and with wide eyes chimed, "Mommy! LOOK! BOOBIES!!!! SEEEEE????" Oh my goodness. I nearly fell over laughing. 

She smiled for a couple of pictures, but was so entertained with herself that she had a hard time focusing on the camera. Well, all I can say is that one day Sadie will really wear one of these things and that completely blows my mind. AHHHHH! I think we'll enjoy night night diapers and bows in the hair for a little longer before these become a permanent piece of laundry in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment