Sadie and I have adventures out every day together. This day was no different. About a week ago, we decided to head to Dunn Bros. Coffee Shop in Friendswood. It has become a favorite local hot spot. Sadie charmed the staff and they offered her a sticker (seen in the photo on my neck - lovingly placed there by Sadie). She strutted around in her mermaid shirt flirting with the customers then finally found a comfy seat. The big white chair of her choice was big enough for us both to share while eating our delicious "Morning Glory" bran muffin. We were also thrilled to discover than the coffee shop serves ice similar to Sonic! We crunched on ice and ate up our muffin then headed out. However, before we left I remembered to take a picture with my phone. I asked Sadie to say "cheese" and she sweetly complied and this was our shot. For some reason, she puts her finger up near her face whenever she takes a picture. This was just a small daily joy for us - no big trip to the zoo or out of town, but these little moments of joy are what I most treasure during these first years with my sweet daughter. I want to remember the simple moments of happiness I have shared with Sadie. So thankful to have been given my little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment