Several weeks ago I pulled out the nail polish and Sadie took an immediate interest in it. She said, "Yah!!" as she pointed to it and shook her head up and down. I asked her if she wanted me to paint her toes and she screamed, "YEAAHH!" Clearly she has seen Mommy's toes and wanted some polish for herself. I looked everywhere for pink - I mean everywhere. Who paints their toddler's toes crimson red? Well, apparently, I do, because all I could find was black (from an apparently goth nail phase) and red. I figured red was the lesser of two evils. So, she sat down with a towel under her feet and held perfectly still for a foot and a half. By the last few toes she was so excited to look at them she had trouble sitting still. When we were finished she squealed with glee and immediately walked over to Daddy and said, "Oooooooooooooooooooo." Daddy responded appropriately and reciprocated her delight. I didn't post up immediately because I worried about what others would think. Then I remembered that she is my daughter and since when have I let others dictate how I raise my child? James and I work to reveal Christ to her every day through our love for her and the least of my worries is piggy polish. So, I quickly rejoined the present moment of glee and basked in the glories of being a girl. Here's to more mommy / daughter moments. Girls are divine. :)
Such cute, happy feet!
ReplyDeleteHOW CUTE! Good girl sitting still, Sadie! Kristin, red is still girlie and perfectly acceptable for your little cutie! ;) p.s. if you need to borrow nail polish I think I have close to 50 bottles some of which have glitter that were HS phase and you are more than welcome to them!!
ReplyDelete