Sunday, May 15, 2011

First Snow Cone of the Season (and her life!)

Summer means shorts, swimsuits, 4th of July, and Sno Beach snow cones in Friendswood, TX. When dating and when we first became home owners, James and I ate so many snow cones that we kind of grew tired of them. However, as it is with many things now, Sadie has rejuvenated a re-fascination with the sweet ice. My favorite is coconut with creme, while James always orders nectar. We both never vary in ordering creme on the snow cone - a delectable concoction of secret syrup and Eagle's Brand milk - goochy-molly according to my Granny). Sadie would no doubt appreciate this sugary goodness, but she has yet to even have ice cream (and I'm thrilled by this!), she had to settle for a cup of shaved ice. However, if you know Sadie, you would know that ice is one of her most favorite things in her whole 16 month old world. She eagerly scooped up spoon by spoon into her mouth with occasionally assistance from Su Su or Mommy. 
Eating snow cone ice with Su Su
After eating her snow cone ice, she then quickly realized that the surrounding Sno Beach area is covered in pebbles. Great. Just what a mommy of a 16 month old wants to see - her child eating rocks! So we all carefully watched as she picked up and inspected pebble after pebble, only stopping to try and eat a couple. Thankfully, with four adults, no rocks were ingested so she had to settle for just playing with them. She kept handing them to Poppy "Pa-Pa" and then went around our circle giving each of us some rocks so we wouldn't feel left out. She took a little break and sat down on the dilapidated bench James and I used to swing on when we were dating and first married. She has grown more verbal and hilariously screamed "cheese" (or "cheeesh" as it comes out) when I asked her to say cheese for the camera. She then started laughing as a result of our laughter, no doubt pleased with herself that she could encourage such joy.
Say "cheese," Poppy and Daddy
If this isn't the face of excitement, I don't know what is.
I tried to snap several pictures of the laughter and right as I worked to get a shot, she came out with her lovely "stinky face" that she only reserves for the most special occasions. All that pebble-playing and giggling wore her out as she voluntarily slumped back on the bench with Daddy and enjoyed a belly full of shaved ice.
Sadie's "stinky face"!
Taking a load off with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment