So, it turns out just because a gastroenterologist tells you your gall bladder must be removed doesn't mean he can also stop time for the recovery process. I don't have many pictures of my gall bladder's exodus experience, as I wasn't feeling exactly up to par for photos. However, Sadie remained as cute as could be and we couldn't help but capture some fun days during our recovery time.
The doctor instructed me not to lift her for 4 weeks and we were quite serious about following his orders, which meant someone came every day to help. Not lying. I have the best family in the whole world. Sadie had made a lot of big changes before surgery that helped, but I still was in the habit of laying her in her bed at nap time, often times after a car ride when we were out and about. This act, along with getting her in and out of the tub, or even changing diapers (on a toddler that can thrash around like the world's smallest velociraptor) could prove difficult. So, Su Su, Gammy, Granddaddy, Poppy, Great, and many friends stepped in when needed.
 |
| Sassy holding her one-legged lion from Su Su |
 |
| Too Cool |
 |
| Sunglasses Sadie |
One of the funniest expereinces during my recovery that we had to document was me trying to go Christmas/Birthday shopping for Sadie when I couldn't lift much. During one nap time, Gammy drove Sadie around for an hour and a half while I wobbled around Tuesday Morning with a cart. At a certain point, I just left the cart still and put light items in (occasionally asking strangers for help if I saw a larger item). I then left the cart still, we changed positions, and my mom got it to the front register. We then switched again, I paid, and a nice worker helped take the cart outside to my car, then Gammy put one in at a time. Whoa! We were so proud of our accomplishment that we had to document all we'd found when we returned home. Who says you can't shop while recovering!
 |
| Our Tuesday Morning Shopping Excursion |
 |
| Brittany visiting during recovery |
One other sweet thing that we experienced was the love of friends. Both Bill and Sara and Katy and Ross brought us dinner during my recovery, which helped since I wasn't exactly making grocery store runs for a while. On this particular night, Katy and Ross had stopped by with Collin and some delicous (and our favorite) Pho 21 noodle soup! Yum yum! Bill even brought Sadie a beautiful rose that looked almost silvery. She smelled it and said, "Thank you, Beeeeeer (Bill)."
 |
| Sadie's rose from Bill |
 |
| Sara helping Sadie smell the flower |
 |
| All the men hanging out at the table |
 |
| ...and all the women in the kitchen. Sheeesh! |
No comments:
Post a Comment