Gammy was convinced you could "massage" the baby out by rubbing my ankles, so you better believe I had a ton of foot rubs. Gammy was hoping to have matching birthdays with out little one! Sadie joined in the fun for a pedicure and Katy Ernst came over and visited while I made my always-present Krusteaz banana chocolate chip muffins. :) Then I started to feel a bit impatient, after several foot rubs, and friends posting about their recent births, I started to wonder where my my baby was! Even the elephant at the zoo had her baby before me! Ha!Probably one of the most enjoyable hobbies to pass the waiting time was Sadie's excavation kit. With the help of mommy and daddy she unearthed a mammoth! She even put the bones together with daddy and called him her "dinosaur." Close enough ;)

Aside from searching for dinosaur bones, I kept myself busy with daily activities for Sadie. I made cute food art for her lunch, we watched movies, and boy, did I sew! Sewing seemed almost calming for me. It kept my mind off the upcoming labor and delivery process and have me a sense of calmness in the midst of all that waiting. Since I didn't have any idea how big Hollyn would be, I sewed for Sadie.
It was Valentine's Day and little but still hadn't arrived but James had an edible arrangement surprise for me for the special day. I had always wanted one. We feasted on fruit and settled in for some more wishing. Feb. 14 Mom watched Sadie so we could even go on a date to PF Changs. We had not even made a reservation, but God seemed to have prepared a spot for us. We had immediate seating at the bar and the bartender had a little one on the way as well. He have us free crab wonton appetizers and James a free beer. We had a wonderful dinner, then James helped me as I wobbled into Joanne's looking for some sewing scissors that has been ruined by Sadie on accident in an attempt to free a button from some packaging. :) I had what could only be described as a "hitch in my get-along" (as Granny would say) in the parking lot and should have known then that labor was probably on the way!















No comments:
Post a Comment