Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sadie's First Homemade Cookies

I'm sure I cooked with my mom when I was tiny, but I don't remember too much of it. I have other fantastic memories together. Unusually fantastic memories of learning to model, put on shows, crafting and much more. Cooking wasn't ever the favorite activity, though. I kind of appreciate this because it has been something I have learned to enjoy as I have aged. As an adult now staying at home with my daughter and learning what it means to be a stay-at-home-mom (GULP!), I am learning things about myself that I never would have imagined. For instance, I love to cook. I especially like baking it seems. I like that muffins cook quickly and cookies even faster. I like that Sadie is excited to eat them and feels she can "help" me. I became brave enough to branch away from box mix muffins and crack open one of the countless books given to me with good intentions when we were married. I went straight to muffins and cookies, at no surprise. I've made homemade cookies before, but don't know that I have done that with Sadie. From scratch. There's something delightful and enjoyable about anything from scratch. It might taste positively awful, but someone people hear "from scratch" and it goes up on the "tasting gradient scale" at least 3 notches. So, Sadie and I made peanut butter oatmeal cookies. From scratch. Delicious and we even drove over to Su Su and Poppy's house at 9:30PM for a quick cookie bombing since we were so proud of our creations. Surely this will be the first of many batches of cookies coming out of our new home in the years to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment