Friday, March 25, 2011

Azaleas in Bloom

Somebunny loves me!
Serious with Su Su
Susan "Su Su" is wildly talented when it comes to maintaining azaleas. They are gorgeous every spring in front of her yard with this year being no exception. She was so excited to bring Sadie over for her first azalea photo shoot as a toddler. James and I showed up with bows in hand hoping for a miracle. Sadie was so sweet and let us take pictures with a bow atop her head for at least 10 minutes! The results were beautiful. Su Su sat down with Sadie to snap a couple of beautiful photos together as Poppy made crazy faces to get Sadie to smile.

Springtime Sweet
So 'egg'cited! 
Su Su brought out some beaded eggs (her Easter decor) for Sadie to hold. She loved the texture and giggled with glee as we all acted like fools to get the perfect smile. As we were making fools of ourselves to amuse Sadie, Su Su and Poppy's neighbors walked over to observe the spectacle and see sweet Sadie. They raved that Sadie was adorable, which, of course, we couldn't deny. :)
Mommy and Me
Last Year's Azalea Shoot (Sadie almost 4 months old)
I looked at this photo above and thought about where we were this time last year. She seems so small and I my mind is already rubbing away the edges of some memories. I can't imagine her not walking now! How fun to look back at photos to see how faithful God has been to us. She is growing up so fast and into such a sweet little girl.
Try and catch me!
I love these beaded eggs!
After a few minutes, Sadie was finished with sitting still and preferred to be chased around the yard. Every couple of minutes, she'd tear the bow out of her hair and then giggle and we ran after her to stick it back in. The war with bows is obviously still being waged.
I am happy because I have yet to realize I am wearing a bow!
Sadie had one outfit change at the very end into this adorable dress she received on her first birthday. The pink ruffles matched perfectly with her ruffled and embroidered white bloomers.

Silly Rascal!
Come, here! Look at my bunny!
"Woo! Woo!" (roughly translated: Woof! Woof!)
After her photo shoot, Sadie wanted to look at the the dogs, Rascal and Rusty, so we went to the back gate. She gazed into the yard and was elated with Rascal came up to lick her tiny hand through the metal openings of the chain-link gate. This last picture is when Sadie is showing Mommy and Su Su how the dogs are barking. "Woo! Woo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment