Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sheer Excitement

With a scab on her nose and a song in her heart, Sadie is loving her phone! SuSu even found an old phone for her to play with. She holds it up to her ear and says, "hi!" In fact, she'll greet almost anything that folds open. We were in Bed, Bath, and Beyond when she cracked open a small cosmetic mirror and shouted, "hi!" At least we know she's not shy!

Although it might sound over analyzed or thought out (surprise, surprise coming from yours truly), I think that her willingness to engage through phone or language is a definite sign of her heart. One of the most unique joys of being a parent is seeing the personality of your baby unfold before your very eyes. Only in quiet moments of reflection do some very even realize it's happening. Like on this day. Behind this lens. I caught a glimpse of who Christ intends Sadie to be - a joyful little girl. I know life will bring heartache and pain, but in this moment she is utterly happy and that gives me a peace and satisfaction that I've never known before.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: