

I had the distinct honor of meeting Soren Saldivar today. My dear friend, Christy, gave birth to a handsome little boy. As I pulled down the folds of his soft swaddling to get a better look at his cherub-like features, I felt a rush of joy for Christy, her sweet husband, and daughter (newly-knighted "Big Sister"). Even as a little baby, anyone could tell he is all boy - a dashing little man. He gently cooed as Christy held him and then slept soundly in the bassinet while we visited a bit. Even Izelle, Christy's daughter, was the perfect hostess. As you can plainly see, she offered me refreshments. I feasted on watered-down coke from a small pink and white aluminum teapot and supped on two and a half Cheetos. We toasted "Cheers!" with nearly every sip and enjoyed playing with several Disney Princesses with bendable knees - amazing and kind of scary feature. Imagine your knees popping that loud with every movement. Perhaps my knees will sound like the 4th of July when I'm older, but for now I'm thrilled my knees are relatively silent upon standing.
After "coffee" with Izelle, I hugged Christy and her sweet mom then had to rush off to tend to my thesis. I find my mind meandering, however, thinking about Christy and the sweet new joy she has in Soren. Let the fun begin for her and her family. I am happy I could visit so I can hold onto that memory as we both grow older. Looking back is so much fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment