Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sadie's Eggstravaganza

Alright. Where are these eggs?


Daddy helping me find eggs!

I spy a yellow egg!
Today was the annual Springtacular at our church, University Baptist. Besides an age-appropriate egg hunt, there was a petting zoo, food, inflatables, train rides, and did I mention, a petting zoo? This was Sadie's first go at egg-hunting, so we were pretty interested in how she would enjoy it. Needless to say, it was a big hit with our little egg-hunting apprentice. We arrived just before the little kids hunt. The grass was littered with eggs that any tiny tot could easily spot. Thankfully, she was not made to hunt with the big kids. The idea of that kind of freaked me out, so I was thrilled she wasn't the only clueless toddler on the loose. We brought her tiny bunny basket from last year, her first Easter, to use. We quickly realized how small it was when she ran out of room after tucking three eggs inside. Onto bigger and better, I suppose! With every egg find, she tried to pull open the eggs (she's been practicing with Su Su). Unfortunately, opening them was a bit more challenging today because they taped them together. Sadie wondered why her strength was failing her as she strained to crack them open until we wised up and removed the tape. :) After the egg hunt, we went to the petting zoo.
I am so excited; a double point is in order! 
I found the actual Easter bunny!
Even a goat's behind can't bring me down today!
Excuse me, where do I hop on?
 This was really Sadie's first time in a petting zoo. We saw the one at the Houston Rodeo this year, but the line was SO very long and it was littered with children. We were so happy for her to have room to enjoy chasing helpless livestock. She immediately pointed out the turtle. She loves pointing and talking to Granddaddy's turtles, but they are much smaller than this tortoise. We got some great video of her. Instead of lingering at one animal, she would move from animal to animal patting each one only once. She was going for quantity! She even bent down and let some strange looking rabbit creature try to kiss her in the mouth. Lovely. :)
I'm thrilled that Mommy is crazy enough to get in here with me.
 After the petting zoo (and a quick bath in my fragrance/alcohol free hand sanitizer), Sadie became fixated with the inflatables. She grew envious of the little girl hopping around and wanted in too! I was nervous she could hurt herself, so I crawled in with her (a sight to behold, I know) and she giggled with glee as we both rolled around.
In front of the church


Mommy and Daddy
 After the inflatables, Sadie was pretty exhausted so we had a quick diaper change inside (to appreciate the air conditioning on this blistering April heat - sheesh!) and then took a few pictures outside before leaving. What a fun day of hunting eggs. Great practice for Easter day and great time spend with Mommy, Daddy, Granny, Granddaddy, and all of Sadie's church friends. She even saw one of her teachers, Ms. Slyvia, today. How exciting that she can become so excited at little events. It really reminds James and I how special raising children is for every parent. Old things become new. As you move into adulthood, you naturally ache for the excitement of your youth - wondering who hid the eggs and losing sleep because you are so excited to see what will be in your Easter basket. What a treasure we are given when we are allowed to experience all these joys again through such a tiny little blessing. So thankful for sweet Sadie today.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos and the stories of Sadie's adventure. Liam is still hanging on to furniture, but he's almost ready to take off walking, I think!

    www.ashleyperez.com/blog

    ReplyDelete